Navajita John Primble "Blue Grass" VENDIDA

5/8
Caja
Shave ready
50+ envío
Al hacer la foto he percibido una micromella del tamaño de un pelo, la he comprobado con lupa…así que por supuesto la eliminaré…sin hacer mayor bisel…tiene micras pero la corrijo de inmediato para la entera satisfacción del destinatario :call_me_hand:

John Primble Tang Stamps

JOHN PRIMBLE (1890-1986)
JOHN PRIMBLE EAST INDIA STEEL WORKS
JOHN PRIMBLE INDIA STEEL WORKS (1890-1940)
JOHN PRIMBLE INDIA STEEL WORKS PRUSSIA (1890-1914)
J. PRIMBLE BELKNAP GERMANY
JOHN PRIMBLE BELKNAP HDWE & MFG. CO. (1940-1968)
JOHN PRIMBLE BELKNAP INC. (1968-1986)

In 1840, W. B. Belknap formed a company in Louisville, KY., that was to grow into one of the nation’s larger hardware firms. Originally, the company sold items such as carriage supplies, horseshoes, and blacksmith supplies, but eventually it added cutlery as well. By the late 1800’s, pocketknives had been established as one of Belknap’s primary lines and names such as “Blue Grass” and “John Primble” were introduced. Although they would survive to current times, another company trademark stamping the “Pine Knot” and “Pine Knot, Jas. W. Price” would only be sold during the 1930-1934 period.

Pine Knot knives were probably made for Belknap by Roberson and most knives were handled in bone, redwood and celluloid.

Except for the Barlow pattern, the Blue Grass knives were discontinued in the 1950’s. Any knife pattern other than the currently made Barlow is considered collectible.

The best known of Belknap’s stampings is that of John Primble and except for the knives stamped “Prussia” or “Germany” have been manufactured under contract by companies such as Camillus, Boker and Schrade.

Belknap Hardware went out of business in 1986. The Primble India Steel Works trademark was transferred to Blue Grass Cutlery Corporation, who has recently released new knives bearing that marking. Beginning in 1992, the Primble reproduction knives were produced in 6 patterns, and 200 pieces of each pattern are released in varying handle materials. Other patterns and additional handle materials have been and continue to be used on newly manufactured Primble knives. Still, the releases are in very limited quantities. The limited production, coupled with the obvious quality of workmanship and materials, makes these knives worthy of attention by collectors of reissue knives.

Tema resuelto

15 Me gusta

Que preciosidad, no se cómo hacéis para encontrar esas joyas en esos estados tan nuevos.

Preciosa ya buen precio.

Suerte con la venta

4 Me gusta

Suerte con la venta Oscar, muy bonita navaja

@oscaso gran navaja a un muy buen precio. Suerte con la venta.

Si no tienes inconveniente Oscar, me la quedo. Es una preciosidad. Hablamos por privado.

1 me gusta

Este tema se cerró automáticamente 30 días después de la última publicación. No se permiten nuevas respuestas.